2019 OPAL Member Monthly Meeting Schedule
(All member meetings are on first Thursday of month and start at 6:30 p.m. unless otherwise noted)
The specifics of our 2019 schedule continue to evolve. As details are finalized, they will be posted below.
Thursday, March 7, 2019 - 7 - 8:30 p.m.* - Bob Sako (https://rasake.artspan.com/home)
- Demonstration of his board prepping technique and loose painting
- Location: Columbus Public Library in New Albany, 200 Market Street, New Albany, OH 43054
Thursday, April 4, 2019 - 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. - Pam Hartford (https://www.celticartistsllc.com/pam-hartford-art.html)
- Demonstration of the creation of vibrant portraits using pastel pencils
- Location: Worthington Public Library-Northwest, 2280 Hard Rd, Worthington, OH 43235
Thursday, May 2, 2019 - 5:30 - 9:00 p.m.* - Alain J. Picard (https://www.picardstudio.com/)
- A demonstration by award-winning and internationally renowned pastel artist, Alain J. Picard
- Free event for OPAL members who have paid their 2019 dues, $20 for all other individuals.
- Pre-registration for the demonstration is requested and can be done here:Pre-Register
- In the subject indicate that you are registering for "Alain Picard demonstration"
- Payment will be taken at the door for non-members.
- You can register as an OPAL member or pay your dues here: Member Registration/Dues
- Location: Griswold Center, 777 High St, Worthington, OH 43085
*Sunday, June 2, 2019 - Plein Air painting at Leatherlips Yacht Club (http://www.leatherlips.com/)
- 2:00 - 4:00 pm.
- Location: 9230 Shawnee Trail, Powell OH 43065
*Saturday, July 27, 2019 - 11:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. - Chuck Basham - (http://www.jeraldmelberg.com/Artists/Gallery-Artists/Gallery-Artists-Charles-Basham)
- Four-hour mini-workshop with demonstration
- Bring your pastels for this wonderful afternoon of painting at a scenic farm
- Pre-registration for the mini-workshop is requested:
- Register here and indicate you are registering for "Chuck Basham mini-workshop": Pre-Register
- Location: Malabar Farm, 4050 Bromfield Rd., Lucas, OH 44843
Saturday, August 3, 2019 - 6:00 - 6:30 (Prior to Artist Reception for OPAL show at Griffin Gallery at Creekside) - Program: Artist Reception
- Location: Griffin Gallery at Creekside, 77 Mill St, Gahanna, Ohio
Saturday, September 7, 2019 - 9 am - 12nn (New time!) - Painting at the Horse Farm
- This was a great experience last year, but a little cold. We are looking to revisit the farm this year in the early fall and really get down to painting.
- Location: Valhalla Hill Farm, 7840 Jug Street Rd, Pataskala, OH
- 161 E from New Albany, Exit at OH-310 (Hazelton –Etna Rd) and go north, 1.3 mi take a right on Jug St, 1 mi on left is Valhalla Hill Farm
Thursday, October 3, 2019 - 6:30-8:30 p.m. - Progressive Painting
- Bring a painting you have started, your pastels, and your creativity. We will take turns having each member work on each painting and see what we come up with!
- Location: Griswold Center, 777 High St, Worthington, OH 430285
Thursday, November 7, 2019 - 6:30-8:30 p.m. - Photography and Use of Software
- Location: Whitehall Library, 4445 E. Broad St.
Thursday. December 5, 2019 -- NEW TIME: 5:00pm to 7:00PM - Annual Holiday Party
- Painting swap
- Location: O'Charley's, 6285 Cleveland Ave, Columbus, OH 43231.
*Meeting time is different from 6:30 p.m.